How many of you have time each day you set aside to relax and appreciate yourself? Of all the things I do professionally this is the most challenging aspect to grow with my clients, including myself. Many people want to know what the most effective form of stress reduction I recommend. The MOST effective stress reduction I recommend is the daily practice called "Tell Yourself You are Doing A Great Job" which requires no time carved out of your day, no special place to be, and no extra money. It only requires a shift in your focus. The more you shift your focus in a day from 'lack' to 'enough', the easier it will become over time. Here is an example of how I do this with myself. I squeeze all these little sayings in over the course of my day and I find I am able to more quickly relax in tense situation.
1. I bless this day
2. I am coming forward in my life in a loving way
3. I trust my life
4. I am going to use everything today for my upliftment
5. I know I can do this
6. Look at how well I am doing!
Those small things add up. They really do. I practice saying them every day. And even when things are not going well, and seemingly stressful or painful, I still say them. I am a believer in 'fake it until you make it'. The more you flex the relaxation muscle, the more easily it will start coming to you.
- 6 diver scallops
- 2 1/2 cups pre-washed organic baby spinach
- 2 medium parsnips
- 2 Tbls cultured grass fed organic ghee
- salt to taste
- Peel skins off of parsnips and rough chop into 2 inch sized pieces. Steam until knife tender; about 10 minutes. Put into food processor with spinach and 1 tbls ghee. Add some salt. Blend until smooth; about 20 seconds. Taste again for salt.
- In a cast iron skillet, add 1 tbls of ghee and heat pan until hot but not smoking. Add scallops and sear each side for about 3 minutes.
- To plate, add a heaping 1/2 cup of parsnip/spinach mixture and top with scallops!